I was just pondering why I don't spend time and walk with God. Why do I feel like I really love God and then my actions don't follow up. Like this morning, I was riding in my car listening to sports radio when I thought, "Man, I can pray for this 25 minute car ride. What a way to start my day." I knew when it ended my heart would be refreshed. I knew God and I would be close, He would be listening, and I would be worshipping. I didn't though. My actions revealed that sports radio was more important to me than God. That seems to be why I don't spend time with God, I think things are more important than God. I don't say they are, I would never SAY that, heaven forbid; I would never want anyone to think that about me. But I do act like that. Sleep, internet surfing, reading, video games, trying to learn info about politics and sports so I seem like I know what is going on. I think learning and knowing theology is more important than spending time and getting to know God. These take my time away from God, and if I'm honest, they don't have to. I choose that. I think and choose to give my time to something other than my God. If my wife treated me like I treat God, I think I would say she is unfaithful in a sense. I am unfaithful to God. I understand why God calls us adulterous. I fit under the definition of that word if you look at my actions.
I am really thankful today that God doesn't do that to me. I am glad He is never unfaithful to me, or even more so, His holiness.
God, may your faithfulness break my heart and lead me to repentance.
I really do love you, I just don't show it very well. You show it perfect, and I ask for your forgiveness.
No comments:
Post a Comment